Lawrence Group is seeking a maintenance director to assist the property manager in maintaining and operating the physical aspects of communities within the portfolio. The maintenance director will organize, participate in, direct and supervise the maintenance program in an efficient, cost-effective manner; safely meeting residents' needs in strict accordance with Company policies and procedures and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin, Charlotte and New York. With 160+ employees, Lawrence Group offers architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, furniture procurement, graphic design, planning, construction and real estate development services to a wide variety of clients, including housing, hospitality, healthcare, academic, and retail.
Lawrence Group supports a growth culture that subsequently provides new opportunities for growth. We recognize and embrace our people as our greatest asset. Everyone in the organization is responsible for our cumulative success and reputation.
This position will promote Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Inspiring Individual Growth and Creativity
- Growing Great Relationships in All Directions
- Having Fun and Celebrating Mutual Success
- The Business of the Built Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruit, train, manage, motivate, and evaluate Maintenance personnel according to Company policies and procedures.
- Schedule Maintenance personnel to ensure that the Community is appropriately staffed at all times including weekends and in the event of an emergency.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program using the on-line maintenance management system to track and plan. Ensure that mechanical equipment, building structures and grounds are properly maintained.
- Supervise the maintenance of all machinery, electric and mechanical equipment.
- Check operation of HVAC, i.e. cooling towers/chillers, circulation pumps, rooftop units, exhaust fans and any energy management, computer based systems for faults on a daily basis.
- Maintain necessary records and inventory controls to ensure that adequate maintenance supplies are on hand and to prevent theft.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of contractors within the portfolio to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and to contract specifications.
- Must have valid Missouri drivers’ license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work effectively with all personality types
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions independently
- Ability to perform light physical tasks, exerting up to 75 lbs of force on a frequent basis
- Excellent oral and written skills required
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs
- Ability to perform such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, crouching, walking, sitting, and carry repetitively and for long periods of time
- HVAC and EPA certifications required
- CPO certification preferred
- HUD REAC experience required
- Residential/commercial high-rise experience required
- Parking Garage Facility experience preferred
Qualified individuals can submit resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Reporting Relationship: Property Manager
Only applicants that meet the qualifications and include the above items will be contacted.
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.