Lawrence Group New York is a boutique design firm with around 12 architects and designers. Lawrence Group is a national Architecture practice with offices in New York, St. Louis, and Austin.
The New York Office is seeking candidates for an architect position with project management experience starting immediately. Project involvement may include working on key account for a roll out of office spaces for a forward thinking dental group. This role will be best suited for an articulate person as it requires significant design responsibilities, and the capability to coordinate with several consultant teams to develop complex office space. Experience with retail and roll-outs would be highly beneficial in this role, including ability to guide the client on best practices for a design standard development process.
Lawrence Group has a long history of promoting growth and development, and this is a long term position with an opportunity to take on more responsibility and a greater role within the organization as staff matures over time.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- 7-10 years professional experience in an architectural office.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience communicating directly with clients as the lead Architect / Project Manager for at least 4 commercial interior projects, retail, hospitality, or similar projects. Excellent design and communication abilities with a focus on technical coordination and problem solving.
- Assist in the production of drawings, details, finish selections as required to complete construction documents
- Experience with site surveys and preparation of Due-Diligence reports a plus
- Ability to lead and work effectively within a collaborative team environment working with 2-3 other team members
- Ability to multi-task and shift focus quickly to work on 4-6 projects in varying stages of design at once.
- Knowledge of construction materials, details, methods and standard building codes.
- Knowledge and experience managing projects with complex Mechanical and infrastructure systems.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is a minimum requirement; the firm has fully implemented Revit on all new projects.
- Submit PDF resumes and work samples (not to exceed 5 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work samples must include but not be limited to imagery of past commercial interiors projects, retail, hospitality work, or broadcast and media experience.
- Resumes must include a list of project experience and indicate role candidate served for each project.
- Provide salary requirements in the body of your cover letter.
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.