Lawrence Group is looking for a results oriented, positive and driven self-starter to join our Construction Group (Lawrence Group Projects) as Construction Administrator. This position will be responsible for all construction related compliance and administrative functions within our construction group while operating within Lawrence Group’s culture and core values. At Lawrence Group, everyone in the organization is responsible for our cumulative success and reputation.
We are seeking a versatile and knowledgeable Construction Administrator to join our Construction Management team. The right candidate will have previous construction administration experience in Sage 300 / Timberline and be knowledgeable with all aspects of the office administration processes for construction projects from project set-up through closeout.
Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin, Charlotte and New York. With 170+ employees, Lawrence Group services include architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, graphic design, planning, construction management, property management, and real estate development services to a diverse array of market sectors including Civic, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Senior Living, and Workplace.
The Construction Administrator will be an instrumental part of our growing Construction Management team. This position will promote Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing Relationships
- Having Fun
- The Business of the Built Environment
The Construction Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of project controls and compliance for the group. The key responsibilities include:
- Assistance with construction accounting:
- Accounts Payable
- Manage tier vendor payment process (lien waivers and checks)
- Construction Administration:
- Assistance with preconstruction/bidding efforts.
- Transmittals and letters.
- Generation and maintenance of project logs (drawing, submittal, M/WBE, etc).
- Project files and filing.
- Stamp, log and distribute mail.
- Scan documents and coordinate print requests.
- Subcontractor and supplier compliance management (W-9, insurance, contracts, waivers, change orders, certified payrolls, etc.).
- Warranty / Closeout request letters and tracking.
- Owner closeout book copies and assembly.
- New hire coordination and assistance.
- Assistance with jobsite office set-up.
- Issuance of subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders.
- AIA document preparation and issuance.
- Archive closed projects.
- Project set-up.
- Project closeout.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction administration.
- Experience in Sage 300/Timberline.
- Be a positive, forward thinking, team oriented individual with a customer service mindset.
- Ability to be flexible with day-to-day activities working for a small group within a larger organization.
- Embrace all personality types and the uniqueness of an organization.
- Approach challenges in a creative and productive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Reporting Relationship: Works directly with the Construction Accountant and reports to the Director of Construction Services.
Qualified applicants please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.