Lawrence Group is looking for a results oriented, positive and driven self-starter to join our Construction Group (Lawrence Group Projects) as Construction Project Engineer (Experienced). This position will be responsible for a mixture of office and field related responsibilities associated with management of our construction projects from preconstruction through closeout while operating within Lawrence Group’s culture and core values.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with 1-3 years of commercial construction management experience. Candidate will need organizational skills, have the ability to multitask, and be able to forge relationships with a variety of people in efforts to complete projects successfully.
Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin and New York. With 170+ employees, Lawrence Group services include architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, graphic design, planning, construction, property management, and development services to a diverse array of market sectors including Civic, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Senior Living, and Workplace.
This position will promote Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing Relationships
- Having Fun
- The Business of Project Design and Delivery
The Construction Project Engineer (Experienced) will be responsible for, or assist with, all aspects of preconstruction and project management responsibilities as required for each project. The right candidate will demonstrate skill as an established project engineer that is ready to transition to management of small to medium size construction projects. Key responsibilities a Project Engineer (Experienced) include:
- Quantity Take-off
- Subcontractor and Supplier Bid Solicitation
- Bid Analysis and Recommendations for Award
- Project Scheduling (Master CPM schedule and 4-week look ahead schedules)
- Job Start-up activities
- Preconstruction meetings
- Sequence Schedules and Site Staging Plans
- Requests for Information
- Subcontractor Coordination
- Change Requests
- Cost Projections
- Safety Audits
- Meeting Minutes
- Weekly Reports
- Project Closeout
- Warranties / O&M Manuals
- As-Built Drawings
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- 1-3 years commercial construction management experience required. Previous Design-Build experience preferred.
- Be a positive, forward thinking, team oriented individual with a customer service mindset.
- Ability to be flexible with day-to-day activities working for a small group within a larger organization.
- Embrace all personality types and the uniqueness of an organization.
- Approach challenges in a creative and productive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Construction Services
Qualified applicants please submit resume to email@example.com
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.