Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin and New York. With 160+ employees, Lawrence Group offers architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, furniture procurement, graphic design, planning, construction and real estate development services to a wide variety of clients, including housing, hospitality, healthcare, academic, and retail.
Due to unprecedented growth, a substantial backlog, and an enormous potential for 2020 and beyond our construction group, Lawrence Group Projects, is seeking a Director of Preconstruction that will directly contribute significant contributions towards Lawrence Group’s overall long-term growth and diversification strategy.
This position will also adhere to Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing a Universe of Relationships
- Having Fun & Celebrating Mutual Success
- The Business of the Built Environment
The Director of Preconstruction is responsible for the daily management, coordination and successful completion of the construction group’s preconstruction efforts. This includes conceptual estimates at early stages of project design (SD, DD, 50% CD) as well as soliciting and obtaining subcontractor and supplier bids for projects nearing the construction phase. Additional responsibilities will include client meetings, design meetings, cost comparisons, preliminary project schedules and phasing/sequencing plans, etc.
The key responsibilities include:
- Manage work flow, staff and other resources as it relates to the construction group’s preconstruction efforts.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary, schematic, and design development conceptual estimates as well as final construction estimates, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas. Participates in suggestion and evaluation of cost savings options throughout the project process.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all estimates.
- Able to meet deadlines on multiple projects under different stages of progress in a positive and productive manner.
- Participation in the preparation of the preliminary construction schedule for estimating purposes, staffing requirements and logistics plan with Project Manager and Director of Construction Services.
- Responsible for preparing clear, concise and efficient subcontractor/supplier bid packages.
- Leads the efforts in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals and in preparation of subcontracts.
- Promote the growth and development of Client and Designer relationships. Present to clients and owners.
- Responsible for the preparation of General Conditions estimate and reviews with Project Manager and the Director of Construction Services.
- Maintain in current fashion all estimating records, studies, unit prices, etc.
- Proven proficiency in conceptual estimates and a Design-Build preconstruction philosophy is required. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years of pre-construction and estimating experience.
- A four year college degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar is preferred.
- Knowledge of the St. Louis, MO construction and real estate market is required. Previous experience budgeting and bidding work outside of the St. Louis market is a plus.
- Demonstrate imaginative, innovative and succinct approaches to their projects.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs.
- Proficient in use of construction project scheduling software programs.
- Previous supervisory experience managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Working knowledge of bid solicitation and quantity take off software.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Construction Services
Qualified applicants please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.