Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin, Charlotte and New York. With 170+ employees, Lawrence Group offers architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, graphic design, planning, construction management and real estate development services to housing, hospitality, healthcare, academic, and commercial clients. In addition, we manage residential and commercial properties in St Louis.
We are seeking a procurement manager to assist with architectural projects in our St. Louis office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in delivering FF&E projects from concept to completion, including procurement of FF&E, tracking FF&E costs, coordination of delivery, installation and punch listing.
This position will adhere to Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Inspiring Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing Great Relationships in All Directions
- Having Fun and Celebrating Mutual Success
- The Business of the Built Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with leadership to develop proposals for procurement opportunities
- Work with project managers to support the entire FF&E process, with varying scope by project
- Lead conceptualization and preparation of project specific FF&E budgets and schedules
- Prepare responsibility matrixes
- Management of quotes and bids from vendors for specified FF&E items and incorporation into various project budgets
- Understanding, organization and dissemination of contract specifications for bidding and purchase order issuance
- Verification of product availability, shipping, delivery and order correctness
- Facilitate negotiating pricing and lead times
- Maintain and update payment schedules and overall project schedules
- Facilitate resolution of vendor issues of quality and timing of delivery
- Manage communications with freight & logistics companies, ensuring timely delivery and resolving outstanding issues
- Communication and coordination of installation with designer, developer and constructor
- Facilitate punch listing, repair of damages, etc.
- Assist in continuous budget tracking from project initiation to close-out
- Job cost budgeting, tracking, and reporting from project initiation to close-out
- Review and process invoices
- 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Furniture (Contract Furnishings)
- Microsoft Office & Excel
- SpecSources or similar specification software (Spexx)
- Effective verbal communication skills, including negotiation
- Accounting mindset
- Strong conflict resolution skillset
Reporting Relationship: Chief Financial Officer
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.