Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin, Charlotte and New York. With 170+ employees, Lawrence Group offers architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, graphic design, planning, construction management and real estate development services to housing, hospitality, healthcare, academic, and commercial clients. In addition, we manage residential and commercial properties in St Louis.
Lawrence Group is seeking a properties accountant to assist with architectural projects in our St. Louis office.
This position will adhere to Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Inspiring Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing Great Relationships in All Directions
- Having Fun and Celebrating Mutual Success
- The Business of the Built Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of various development entities and learning where costs should be routed when received.
- Knowledge of all aspects of tenant accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, common area maintenance (CAM) costs and year-end reconciliations.
- Coding of vendor invoices to proper entity and general ledger codes, with particular focus on accounting for mixed-use real estate projects.
- Routing invoices for approval signatures within the department.
- Work directly with on-site staff to ensure rent rolls are kept up to date and purchase orders and invoices are processed promptly.
- Prepare bank deposits using electronic deposit software and post cash receipts to tenant ledgers.
- Ensure tenant ledgers are kept up to date, late notices go out on schedule when applicable, and late fees are charged in accordance with terms of leases.
- Filing of cash receipts and vendor payments, both electronically and hard copies.
- 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensure strict confidentiality with confidential documents
Reporting Relationship: Real Estate Finance Manager
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.