St. Louis, MO
Lawrence Group partnered with Saint Louis University to create an award-winning boutique hotel in the Grand Center neighborhood of Saint Louis. As the architect, designer, developer and contractor on this project, Lawrence Group worked in an Integrated Project Delivery methodology to complete the project on time and on budget for the University. The $10 million dollar construction project began as a vacant 1920’s laundry building, which had been converted to office use, and Lawrence Group converted it into a high end boutique hotel adjacent to the University campus.
The largest construction challenges on the project involved:
- Reworking the public streets and vacating one of the city streets to allow for the hotel drop off
- Connecting to an existing adjacent restaurant that was open during the construction of the hotel
- Relocating the major public utilities
- Providing acoustical separation between units in a 1920’s warehouse building
- Creating a modern state-of- the-art interior with superb detailing to create a one of a kind guest experience
Located in Grand Center, Hotel Ignacio is a welcome addition to the neighborhood’s vibrant mix of arts, entertainment, culinary, and institutional destinations. An urban boutique hotel, Ignacio offers 49 guest rooms and two suites all designed around the themes of Fine Art, Performing Arts, Architecture and Music. Designed to modern aesthetic, the building offers a unique visitor experience and provides Grand Center a truly unique hotel experience.
The project has received several awards including: One of the Seven Best New Design Hotels in the Country by Design Bureau Magazine, Most Enhanced Award by the Landmarks Association of St. Louis, and Keystone Finalist by the American General Contractors St. Louis.