South Side Tower
St. Louis, MO
Lawrence Group’s construction team worked closely with the in-house architectural design team to completely restore and re-purpose this landmark historic building from a bank /office use into residential condominiums and ground floor retail.
South Side Tower was built in 1928 and is one of two properties comprising the Grand View Pointe development in the heart of South City. The art deco South Side National Bank building has been historically renovated into a mixed-use facility for both commercial space on floors one and two with residential units on floors three through nine.
One of the construction challenges with this structure was in restoring the limestone exterior and preserving it for the long term life of the building. Another challenge was to restore the ornamental bank lobby while replacing the shell with modern systems throughout.
Lawrence Group provided architecture, interior design, marketing and branding, graphic design services, development, and construction management services.