At this time we are not accepting calls or resumes from recruiting firms or consulting organizations.
Lawrence Group is looking for a results oriented, positive and driven self-starter to join our Construction Group (Lawrence Group Projects) as Construction Estimator. This position will be responsible for both conceptual and hard bid construction estimates ranging from $75,000 – $25,000,000+ while operating within Lawrence Group’s culture and core values. At Lawrence Group, everyone in the organization is responsible for our cumulative success and reputation.
The right candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with 5+ years of construction estimating experience. Candidates with Integrated Develop-Design-Build experience and heavy preconstruction and conceptual estimating experience are preferred. Candidate will need organizational skills, have the ability to multitask, and be able to forge relationships with a variety of people in efforts to complete projects successfully.
Founded in 1983, Lawrence Group is an integrated design, development and project delivery firm with offices in Austin, New York and St. Louis. Lawrence Group services include architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, graphic design, master planning, construction, property management, and real estate development services to a diverse array of market sectors including Civic, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Senior Living, and Workplace.
This position will also adhere to Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing a Universe of Relationships
- Having Fun & Celebrating Mutual Success
- The Business of the Built Environment
The Construction Estimator is responsible for the completion of construction cost estimates ranging from $75,000 – $25,000,000+ in value and includes a heavy emphasis on conceptual estimates at the early stages of project design (Initial Concept, SD, DD, 50% CD) as well as soliciting and obtaining subcontractor and supplier bids for projects nearing the construction phase.
The key responsibilities include:
- Represent the Company and project teams in a positive manner at all times.
- Able to meet deadlines on multiple projects under different stages of progress in a positive and productive manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary, schematic, and design development conceptual estimates as well as final construction estimates. Participates in suggestion and evaluation of cost savings options throughout the project process.
- Responsible for the preparation of General Conditions estimate and reviews with Project Manager and the Director of Construction Services.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all estimates performed.
- Responsible for preparing clear, concise and efficient subcontractor/supplier bid packages.
- A four year college degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar is preferable and a minimum of five years of construction estimating experience.
- Proven proficiency in conceptual estimates and a Develop-Design-Build preconstruction philosophy is required.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Proficient in use of construction project scheduling software programs.
- Louis market knowledge is required. Previous experience performing work out of state is a preferred.
- Experience with bid solicitation and quantity take off software.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Preconstruction Services
Qualified applicants please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.