At this time we are not accepting calls or resumes from recruiting firms or consulting organizations.
Lawrence Group is looking for a results oriented, positive and driven self-starter to join our Construction Group (Lawrence Group Projects) as Construction Project Superintendent. This position will be responsible for all field operations and management of their assigned project including safety, schedule, manpower, quality and costs from ground breaking to ribbon cutting while operating within Lawrence Group’s culture and core values. At Lawrence Group, everyone in the organization is responsible for our cumulative success and reputation.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of commercial construction superintendent experience, either 10 years’ previous experience as a journeyman carpenter or 4 year construction management degree, and be willing to travel for projects outside of the St. Louis area. Candidate will need organizational skills, have the ability to multitask, and be able to forge relationships with a variety of people in efforts to complete projects successfully.
Founded in 1983, Lawrence Group is an integrated design, development and project delivery firm with offices in Austin, New York and St. Louis. Lawrence Group services include architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, graphic design, master planning, construction, property management, and real estate development services to a diverse array of market sectors including Civic, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Senior Living, and Workplace.
The Construction Project Superintendent will be an instrumental part of our growing construction group. This position will promote Lawrence Group’s core values:
- Legendary Customer Service
- Individual Growth & Creativity
- Growing Relationships
- Having Fun
- The Business of the Built Environment
The Construction Project Superintendent will be responsible for and assist with all aspects of preconstruction and project management responsibilities as required for each project. Key responsibilities of a Construction Project Superintendent are:
- Responsible for all field operations and construction
- Jobsite set-up
- Four week look ahead schedule issuance and updates
- Weekly tool box talks
- Weekly safety audits
- Updating of field use and as-built drawings
- Lost day notifications to PM and Owner
- Project photos
- Testing / 3rd party report corrections and documentation
- Scheduling of subcontractors, deliveries, testing firms, permit authorities, etc.
- Daily reports
- Verification of T&M/extra work & authorize additional work
- Quality reviews
- Site cleanliness and SWPPP compliance
- LGP pre-punchlist generation, scheduling and completion
- Owner/Architect punchlist completion
- Pre-construction Meetings (Safety, Schedule, Coordination and QC)
- Double checking for subcontracts and certificates of insurance at start of work for each trade
- Establish and maintain project survey controls
- Closeout responsibilities include collection of attic stock and Owner training
- Warranty call responses
- 5 years Project Superintendent experience.
- 10 years journeyman carpenter experience or a 4-year Construction Management / Civil Engineering degree.
- Willing to travel for projects outside of the St. Louis area is a plus.
- Be a positive, forward thinking, team oriented individual with a customer service
- Ability to be flexible with day-to-day activities working for a small group within a larger organization.
- Sufficient Computer Skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Procore).
- Embrace all personality types and the uniqueness of an organization.
- Approach challenges in a creative and productive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Construction Services
Qualified applicants please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.